Exit Tour Next Page >>>
Very early in its existence, in the early 1930's the club adopted a simple constitution and rules. Some changes have been made over the years and following is the current constitution and rules
ST FRANCIS OF ASSISI CATHOLIC RAMBLERS' CLUB
Approved by His Eminence, the Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster
Affiliated to the Ramblers Association. Registered Charity No. 306089
The Club shall be called the St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Ramblers Club.
Full membership of the Club shall be open to Catholics only. (As) amended - 1983).
The Club shall seek approval by the Cardinal Archbishop.
The object of the Club shall be to promote social intercourse amongst Catholics chiefly by means of rambling.
R U L ES
- At each Annual General Meeting a Committee shall be elected consisting of a Secretary, Treasurer and six other members, so elected that there shall be four ladies, and four gentlemen. All committee members shall be full members (as amended - 1983)
- No member who has served on the Committee for two or more years consecutively may be nominated for a further term before the Annual General Meeting, and then only if insufficient candidates are standing to fulfil Rule 2(a) (as amended - 1974).
- If any member of the Committee shall resign the Committee shall have the power to fill the vacancy.
- The Committee may appoint sub-committees and the sub-committees in addition to their own number shall have as ex-officio member a member appointed by and from the Committee of the club. The subcommittee shall have the power of co-option as the committee shall determine and the sub-committee shall have the to appoint their own officers.
- The Committee as elected by the Annual General Meeting shall elect their own Chairman. The Chairman shall vacate the Chair during the presence of the President of the Club at any Meeting.
b) At least three weeks notice of a General Meeting (other than an Annual General Meeting) shall be given to every member. At least 5 weeks notice of an Annual General Meeting shall be given to each member (as amended 1983).
c) The Chairman of a General Meeting. who shall be entitled to a casting vote shall be the President, failing whom a member elected by the meeting.
d) Twenty members shall form a quorum, but a general meeting may be held with 16 members if no amendment to the constitution is proposed.
e) Only ordinary members may propose or second nominations and motions or be eligible for office.
f) All motions shall reach the Secretary not less than 5 weeks before the date fixed for a general meeting. All nominations for Secretary, Treasurer and other members of the Committee should reach the Secretary not later than 14 days before the date fixed for an Annual General Meeting.(As amended 1983).
g) Candidates for the Committee shall signify their consent in writing and agree to take part in all the activities of the Club to the best of their ability.
h) Voting shall be of hands or ballot, as circumstances require.
i) A motion which proposes to add to the rules or strike out any of the rules shall contain a statement to that effect.
j) Copies of the Agenda and the Accounts shall be in the hands of members at least two weeks before the Annual General Meeting. (As amended 1983).
k) Auditors shall be appointed at each Annual General[ Meeting.
12. (Inserted 2005) If the Club should cease operation due to lack of membership, then any remaining funds would be donated to the Ramblers Association
The Club shall be affiliated to the Ramblers Association (Southern Area) and shall renew yearly subscriptions thereto.
Exit Tour Next Page >>>